U17’s Finish Level After Thriller; Early morning for Groundsmen

Colemanstown U17 side enjoyed a thrilling high scoring draw with Cregmore at the weekend. Cregmore raced into a 2–0 lead but Padraig Gill pulled one back before the break. Colemanstown also had a penalty saved before half time. Colemanstown stepped up the pace in the 2nd half and came close on a few occasions. We eventually drew level through Paddy Mullins, a penalty created by Johnny Lally.  With Liam Carty and keeper Jason Gannon in control and Paddy Mullins and Mathew Mills getting the better of midfield Colemanstown were pushing on for the winner. Against the run of play Cregmore went ahead late on. We battled back straight away and an excellently worked move between Eamon Mannion and Johnny Lally ended with the latter slotting in the equaliser

Colemanstown 1st team maintained their 4 match unbeaten streak with a nil all draw away to 2nd placed West Utd in Galway on Sunday.  It was an evenly balanced 1st half with chances falling to both sides, with West hitting the woodwork and Colemanstown’s Derek Kolinovski drawing a good save from the West keeper. Chances were again plentiful in the second half. Derek Kolinovski was again denied by the West keeper in a one on one situation. Shane Clancy had a penalty kick saved midway through the second half.  With rock solid midfield displays from David Farrell, Finian Fahy and Alan Walsh Colemanstown comfortably saw out the game.

Our under 15s took on Knocknacarra in Millars Lane on Saturday in the league. We got off to a bright start with chances falling to Keith Murphy, Lee Murphy, Paul Lally and Ronan O Neill but some excellent goalkeeping by the Knocknacarra keeper kept us at bay.  After 30 minutes Lee Murphy supplied a good corner to the back post for Aidan Monaghan to slot the ball home on his second attempt after the keeper made a great save for him on his first attempt. The back four of Dylan Kelly, Gerard Warde, Ronan Carr & Alan Cannon all had good displays with Sean Murray making some good calls between the posts as Knocknacarra where always dangerous on the break. The second half started much the same as the first with Keith Murphy hitting the crossbar from an excellent header and chances falling to Paul Lally and Dylan Kelly. For the final ten minutes our back four withstood all the pressure that was put up on them and keeper Sean Murray made a couple of great saves.  Man of the Match Dylan Kelly made some great challenges in defence to leave the final score Colemanstown 1 Knocknacarra 0.  Well done to all the squad for all their hard work to stay unbeaten and top of the division for the season.

The club wish to thank Martin & PJ Finnerty who were available at cock crow to help make our pitch playable for the under 17 game on Sunday. The game certainly would not have proceeded without their early morning intervention, many thanks lads.