U15’s show great spirit

Colemanstown 5; Kinvara 2

A rusted Colemanstown Under 15 side put in a shaky first 10 mins in a
hugely spirited game against a strong, physical Kinvara outfit.  They
were quickest out of the blocks when Jason Gannon turned well to fire
home the opener from close range.  Our 2nd goal came soon afterwards
when Paddy Mullins scored direct from a trademark corner kick when
Daragh Kelly’s set piece tactics paid dividends.  Niall Carty made it
3-0 before the break from some excellent work from the never tiring
Mullins.  Early in the 2nd half Mullins scored his 2nd following great
work from Padraig Glynn & Mullins’ first touch took the ball away from
his opponent and an exceptionally well taken dipping shot from 20
yards found the net.  Our 5th goal resulted from a breaking ball at
midfield, Finbar Healy ran onto it, took it down the left wing & into
the box beating the defender & the keeper to put this Cup game well
past the grasp of Kinvara.  Kinvara got 2 back when their shots at
goal from distance took deflections but it was too little too late to
advance to the next round.  Thomas Broderick was exceptional in goals
showing a maturity way beyond his years.  The rearguard of Padraig
Glynn, Daragh Kelly, Chris Sheridan, & Kevin Clancy gained in
confidence after a shaky opening 10 mins and were rarely troubled for
the rest of the game.  Sean Kenny & Paddy Mullins anchored the central
midfield berth while Liam Carty & Finbar Healy made some thwarting
runs on both wings.  Up front Jason Gannon & Johnny Lally did
wonderous work against a big, physical defense.  The diminutitive
Conor Kelly did some superb tackling and passing when introduced, Alan
Fahy showed great astutness in defense while young Shane Skehill
acquitted himself well on his debut for Colemanstown.

Our A team still go without a win this season when they bowed out of
the Joe Ryan Cup at the hands of Corrib Celtic.  Colemanstown scored
first however, through Conor O Grady but simply were not good enough
to cause any further trouble.  Final score 3-1