Halloween Friday night saw the presentation of beautiful drill tops to our u13’s at a fancy dress disco organised by the u13 management team. The tops are partly sponsored by Hatman of Ireland, aka Gerry and Marguerite Moran, Colemanstown. After great planning by the management team and input by the parents, this transpired to be a great night. Nibbles and other nicetys were provided in abundance by David Gilligan and even his mum Bridie was called in to assist in assembling the bowls of goodies as DJ Shane Gilligan cranked up the volume for a great turnout by the players and parents. Hats off to the 3 musketeers, David Gilligan, Richie Lally and Niall Gelston who excuse the pun, really made a clown of himself for the tremendous effort they put in in organising the night and ensuring that all were looked after. A draw was held afterwards for which the children sold cards. The draw winners are as follows:
- Eaty Treaty Hamper sponsored by Molloys Pantry, Eyre Street, Galway – Brendan Glynn
- Female Skincare Hamper sponsored by Athenry Pharmacy – Chloe Naughton
- Male Skincare Hamper also sponsored by Athenry Pharmacy – AJ Kenny
- Seasonal Hamper kindly donated by Grainne and Philip Lally – Oisin Cuirneen
- District Health and Fitness Voucher from Mitchells Bar, Gurteen – Edmund Flannery
- Three Course Meal sponsored by Screenes of Guilka – Celine Lally
- Bottle of Whiskey from Cathal and Mary Moran, Monivea – Bridie Moran
- Colemanstown F.C. embroidered Jacket from Harley Tee’s – Andy Moore
- Bottle of Whiskey from Damien and Frances Diamond, Guilka – Leah Hansberry
- Hurl from Canning Hurleys, Portumna – Rory Gibbons.
Niall Gelston thanked all the parents and guardians for their efforts in bringing children to training and matches; the players who sold numerous cards in a bid to bring in as much finances as possible and in an attempt to win a coveted premiership jersey of ones choice for whoever brought in the most money. Brian Kelly, Woodlawn was crowned the winner selling 92 lines in total and won a Man Utd jersey with Di Maria No.7.
Winners of special prizes for the best fancy dressed on the night were: Kelly Brennan, Kate Kelly, Ted Hempsted, Nathan Creaven
The drill tops are so classy that there will probably be orders taken for more as everyone is now looking for one. Stay tuned in the coming weeks to find out more…..
Photos of the drill top presentations have been uploaded to the gallery section of this website. And girls doesn’t Richie take a lovely snap!!
It was a faultless night and one to remember. Now that the 3 musketeers have earned the reputation to run a serious and well organised night out and good entertainment we might be calling on these lads again! Well done guys.
U13’s take on table toppers Cregmore this Saturday morning in Cregmore at 1030am. Support for the team would be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile registration for all under 6’s, 9’s and 11’s takes place on Saturday morning in Colemanstown at 11.30am.