Real Deal Premier League tie ends in draw.

Parity was the winner in the A teams latest league encounter against Corrib Celtic at home this evening as the game finished 2-2 in edge of the seat, don’t blink for a second, competitive premier league soccer. The ball was up and down the field in an absorbing affair as we take our hats off to our midfield partnership and indeed the entire side who buzzed with intent with a phenomenal workrate throughout the game. Colemanstown applied the pressure early on winning some corners but the Corrib Celtic defense stood firm as Damo Wynne & Conor Jackson had half chances and the keeper saved well from a Trevor Mullins header. Colemanstown probably edged out Corrib Celtic in the first half but it was the visitors who were purring at half time as they went 1-0 up on 39mins through a deflection after a period of sustained pressure. Just before the stroke of half time Corrib Celtic had the ball in the net again but the striker was adjudged to be off-side. Soon after the restart Colemanstown levelled matters from a set piece when Jayo Finn rose highest to power home a Richie Lally corner. Alan Finn then had a glorious chance as his free kick first came off the wall but as Alo followed up the rebound his resultant effort hit the post. 5mins later Colemanstown found themselves in the driving seat as Conor Jackson maintained his composure to finish well from an inch perfect cross by Ray Moran. Ray Moran had a good chance to increase the score 10 mins later but his effort went the wrong side of the post. Corrib Celtic then had a chance to swing their sword with a piledriver from distance but Junior held the ball well in the Colemanstown goal. Moments later as Corrib Celtic sustained the pressure they headed just over the bar. The resultant long kick out from Junior was added to by Conor Jackson and as the inrushing Ray Moran ran on to the ball he appeared to have been blatantly fouled clear cut in on goal but the referee denied the spot kick and awarded a free out instead. Corrib Celtic then came close with a free kick but Junior did his job. With 12 mins remaining a long free kick from the half way line was flicked on by Corrib Celtic and with a rare mix up in defence the ball found the net despite the best efforts of Ronan Geraghty. Colemanstown kept battling however and a cross from Alan Finn was flicked on by Ray Moran but the keeper was equal to the task. Moments later a cross from Damo Wynne found the hard working Gary Lally but the keeper got down well. And with all the twists and turns in this game, it was Corrib Celtic’s turn for a crack at goal as they played the ball around to good effect but the striker drove his effort over the bar. Then a vital interception from man of the match Jayo Finn kept the visitors out and demonstrated the sheer tenacity of the game as Corrib Celtic missed a volley right in front of goal which would certainly have been a classic had it found the net. Following Corrib Celtic’s equaliser it was impossible to say who would prevail in this contest due to the sheer quality to note but sport was the winner in a game full to the brim of sportsmanship and endeavour. Tomorrow evening the B team play Craughwell away, kick off 7pm. Support welcome as they bid to earn their first points of the season.