Mika Harun’s brace pays off for u13’s

David Gilligan’s boys showed a great spirit of togetherness during their recent game with Salthill Devon played under lights in Drom especially in the final exchanges when everyone rallied to keep out the opposition in what was a tight game. Mika Harun’s brace, one either side of the break was enough to see Colemanstown grab all 3 points in this league encounter. Our lads were 1-0 down on 10mins as Salthill grabbed their chance well after a long free kick was lobbed into the centre. Mika’s first goal came on 20mins after good donkey work from Kellie Brennan whose shot was saved but Mika was on hand to knock the ball to the net after 3 classy touches. Colemanstown were by far the dominant team as Kellie Brennan had plenty of first half chances and Thady Moran hit the cross bar before that. The score remained 1-1 at the interval but it was Colemanstown who dominated the second half. 12 mins in Mika’s winner came through a well worked goal. Thady Moran on the right wing picked out Mika’s run towards the penalty area, following great work he won the ball ahead of a number of defenders who closed him down quickly but he managed to still get his shot in with the outside of his right boot into the right corner. It was tit for tat after that but Colemanstown remained steady and held out for a hard earned win. Our defence yet again were solid all through apart from the rare slip up which allowed the opposition take their goal chance. Shane Burke won some vital tackles on the right wing while Luke Mitchell on the left wing troubled the Salthill defence until they swapped roles in the second half. Arron Molloy was majestic in the middle of the park while Kellie was up to her usual trickery up front. And so the man of the match should go to Mika who scored the decisive and most important goals of his career to date.

Meanwhile our B team were 1-0 down before their game came to a premature end. For the second week in a row Gary Broderick showed the trust he has in his keeper as he deliberately hand balled in a bid to save a definite goal and received a straight red for his actions; at least he’s in the same league as Wayne Rooney this week. After all his troubles the match was abandoned due to a serious knee injury sustained by a Cregmore/Claregalway player as we await the referees report and the Galway FA’s decision on whether the game will be replayed.